Monday, July 25, 2016

Hi, Beauties!


Revlon has always been one of my favorites. For a drugstore brand, I personally think that some of their products are just above the others. Not to mention their amazing Revlon Colorstay foundation, which is my all time favorite, and also their legendary Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick, which is the staple in my kit. Having love affair with their classic products for so long, I finally can get my hands on the (quite) new Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor and I would like to share my thought on this one.

 "Lightweight, high definition velvety matte color. Moisturizing, velvety feel. 100% wax-free, gel formula. Available in 16 high definition shades."

          Something intriguing about this lipcolor is the 100% wax free formula. I expected it to be very comfortable and weightless on the lips. However, it was such a let down for me when I knew that it is in a gel formulation. I have never liked any skincare or any makeup items in this kind of texture. I just think anything inside will be unstable, sheer, and ineffective, which is just my personal thought. So, I initially thought that the lipcolor will be lacking in pigmentation. But, that didn't stop me from trying this lipcolor.


Packaging



Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor (Left: Love - Right: Flirtation)

I am obsessed with this one. Instead of going traditionally black, Revlon decided to give this lipcolor a fun, whimsical, and youthful packaging, which is a fresh step from a veteran brand like Revlon. The frosted, plastic tube shows you the color of the liquid inside and it remids me of a sweet and refreshing popsicle. It has a doe foot applicator, as you would expect. But, it has an unconventional shape, which is nice because you can use the flat side to apply the product and use the tip for precise applications.



Swatches

I don't know about you, but I found only around 6 colors in one of the department stores here in Bandung, Indonesia. While on the website, it says that Revlon has 16 colors for this line. Seeing all the color on Google, they are all gorgeous and wearable. But, I only have Love & Flirtation, so, here you go:


Above: Flirtation (A soft peachy pink) - Below: Love (A bright orangey red)

Thoughts

When I opened the tube for the first time, I smelled some kind of vanilla scent, which I like. But, that can be very annoying for some people as it lingers for good couple of minutes after application. The moment I applied it on my lips, I said to myself that I was wrong. It has a proper pigmentation that can give you an even coverage from the first application. I was quite skeptical at first since I don't like the gel formulation. But actually, I don't think this is in a gel form in any way. It's just like the usual liquid lipstick which has a sort of cream form.

          After the application, it was looking nice and I waited for it to set into a matte finish, hence the name of the product. It didn't. Even after about 2 minutes, it was still looking like a satin crème-finish. I didn't understand. After around 10 minutes, I started to see it changed into a soft matte finish and it stayed like that the entire time I wore it. From that, I can conlude that it's not your typical matte lipstick which leaves no shine after it has set. Some people might be disappointed if they expect the lipcolor to have an ultra matte finish. On the other hand, I quite like the idea of a comfortable, moisturizing matte lipcolor that you can actually wear all day without it feeling dry and stiff.

          Another thing that Revlon says about this lipcolor is that it has a moisturizing feel on the lips. For the first couple of minutes, it felt kind of sticky, like it would when you wear a sticky lipgloss. After it has set, it felt very comfortable and it didn't feel tacky anymore. I tested this lipcolor around the house for about 6 hours. It stayed comfortable and it felt moisturizing the entire time with decent amount of fading. 

  

Final Verdict 

Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor is a nice collection to be added in your lip department. But honestly, I personally feel this is just a trend following range since there are not enough reasons to distinguish this lip product to the others in the same kind of concept. Also, for someone who looks for a trendy ultra matte finish, this is not the one for you. But, if you are looking for a matte lipcolor that can be worn comfortably all day, this is the answer. The revolutionary wax free formula makes this lipcolor even more beautiful since it feels moisturizing on the lips and it won't leave you with the cracked looking pouts. In addition, I think the colors in this collection are beautiful yet wearable. You can opt for the nude, the bright, and the dark, and I hope the all the 16 colors will be available in Indonesia. (IDR 110.000 on counter)



 




0 comments :

Post a Comment