Sunday, July 13, 2014

Hi, Beauties!

It has been forever since this Real Techniques Core Collection first released, but then I have just got the opportunity to review it in 2014. Real Techniques was quite hard to get in Indonesia, but now, they do shipping worldwide and it's also available in many online shopping website. I got this from lovetoshop-online and they ship all across Indonesia. 

           Real Techniques is a brush line designed by Samantha and Nicola Chapman. They are pro makeup artists and you might know them as YouTube Beauty Gurus on pixiwoo channel.

The ultra plush bristles are made from taklon (synthetic fibres). They are 100% cruelty free.
" The soft fibers help create a flawless, high-definition finish in any type of light – from sunlight to harsh indoor lighting. Each brush head is hand-cut to the perfect shape, allowing for precise application from dense coverage to a soft, delicate finish."

          These brushes are very good quality with very affordable price. The bristles are very soft and give me such a perfect finish, just as perfect as when Sam & Nic use it on their makeup tutorial. I use them as my personal brushes and I have been using it every single day. I personally recommend them whether for professional brushes kit or for your personal daily usage.

          The other thing I love about these brushes is the color of the ferrules. It's bright and metallic which gives kind of young and casual touch yet still looking professional. They are also travel-friendly because they are lightweight. In fact, all of these brushes are smaller compare to many other makeup brushes.


Buffing Brush

"Ideal for full coverage application of powder and mineral foundation."

Real Techniques Buffing Brush
This brush is just my favorite. I don't use it for powder or mineral foundation, but there's no rule in the way of using brushes; I use this for applying foundation, BB cream, or even to blend any harsh line on my face.

From left to right : Real Techniques Buffing Brush - Coastal Scents Flat Top Buffer


          It gives me such a flawless finish because the bristles literally buff all the products I apply onto my skin. If I would compare it, the density of this brush is not as dense as Coastal Scents Flat Top Buffer. However, that is what makes me love this brush even more. The brush has more flexibility which gives me more control and movement in working the products.


Contour Brush

"Delicately applies highlighter to contour or create sheer, soft-focus finish."

Real Techniques Contour Brush
 
This one just works like dreams. The bristles in the center part are the longest, but they are shorter as they go outside (tapered). It allows the product goes on the longest part of the brush and the shorter bristles will blend the the rest of the product. It is true to the description given to this brush. It will give you definite contoured look but soft-focus at the same time. This brush is also quiet dense which will ensure any product blends away nicely. I use this brush for contouring & highlighting, bronzer, blush, pretty much everything whether with cream, liquid, or powder.


Pointed Foundation Brush

"Use with liquid foundation to build custom coverage."

Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush

Personally, I find this brush is too small to be used as a foundation brush. I use this brush mostly as a concealer brush. Basically, it just paint the product to the surface of my skin which is why it works better as a concealer brush. I also use the side of the brush to contour my nose because it's flat and thin. 


Detailer Brush

"Precision cut to effortlessly conceal problem areas; or, use with lipstick for long-lasting shape and definition."

Real Techniques Detailer Brush
  
I use this brush pretty much just like how Real Techniques would describe. It is suitable for covering little spot such as blemishes, acne scars, dark spots, etc. It also comes very handy when you need precise application for lipsticks. I have a thought for using this brush as a gel liner brush as this brush is quite stiff. But, I haven't.

Real Techniques Core Collection comes with Panoramic Case which I'm not a fan of. Personally, I don't really like the flexible strap it comes with because it is so tight that I have to put an effort when putting back the brushes. However, it will be very handy for travelling and stuffs.

          Overall, I would say these brushes by Real Techniques are the best for the price. I can get the most immaculate finish, almost like-a-pro type finish. Without sucking up my account, I get  four good quality multi-purpose brushes. The fact that they are synthetic just give me ease to use them with any kinds of products, whether liquid, cream, or powder. They wash up beautifully which turn out looking newer after I clean them.

          So, if you're looking for an affordable good quality brushes, this Real Techniques Core Collection is a worthed investment... or probably if you just want to add your makeup brushes collection.









  

0 comments :

Post a Comment